Thursday, August 14, 2008

Milestones

In the Old Testament the Israelites laid stones in places to remind them of something God had done for them.

In Joshua 24:26,27 after God's people had made a covenant to serve the Lord, Joshua took a great stone and set it under an oak tree that was by the sanctuary of the Lord. He said "This stone shall be a witness unto us for it heard all the words of the Lord that He spoke to us and it shall be a witness to you in case you deny God".

A milestone is something significant and good that we want to remember or a goal that we have reached. Since my last post, I had a milestone, my birthday and on Sunday, Rick and I will have our 35th anniversay. There have been many, many, many significant things that God has done for us along the way. Listening to the stories of people in our community of how deeply troubled and in trouble those right around us are, we have much to be thankful for. How different our lives could have been without God.

"And all the praises should be given to my Saviour.
For He's the One who picked me up when I was down all the way.
And all the praises should be given to my Jesus.
For He's the one who made me what I am today."

1 comment:

  1. Mom, I just want you to know how much I love you! (ALOT!!!) Hope you and Dad have a wonderful 35th anniversary tomorrow. :o) *hugs and kisses*

    ReplyDelete