Monday, August 29, 2011

Wild Plum Tea Room

Our daughters sent us to TN for a two night stay for our 38th anniversary. We leisurely spent our time. One of the places we visited was a lovely tea room:  "The Wild Plum Tea Room" in Gatlinburg. 

The welcoming sign.





Here is me on a bench outside the entrance.




A part of the lovely garden at the side.



Another view of the garden.



The menu for the day.




A view of the outdoor seating.




A charming table inside.





Another outside decor, a large vendor cart.





My husband was so sweet to visit here with me. Here he is with our menus.



He ordered the salad of the day. It was a scrumptious pea salad with a taste of horse radish. Of course, I helped him eat it. I will need to search for the recipe as I did not purchase a cookbook.



My plum tea was so refreshing and relaxing. I had several cups! His was served cold.





I chose the cheddar chablis soup. So good.




We gave in and tried a dessert. This was  peaches with a sauce. pound cake on the bottom, ice cream in the middle and whipped topping. Mmmmmm.




Mine was an amaretto bread pudding. You can also see husbands glass of iced plum tea.




A part of the serving area across the aisle from us.




Dishes for sale.  I resisted a purchase.


One of the hostesses said it was an Austrian tea room and invited me to go upstairs where there was more seating.  They were hosting a bridal shower up there the next day.

I hope you have enjoyed visiting The Wild Plum Tea Room with me today. If you are ever in the area look it up.

I am sharing with Lady Katherine today @ Lady Katherine Tea Time Tuesday.

3 comments:

  1. Oh how nice of your daughters to send you on a mini vacation. That's so sweet and sweet of your hubby to take you to a charming tea room also. Happy Anniversary!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! Thank you for shaing... that is beautiful place....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks so beautiful and inviting! Glad you and Dad had a great trip and time together! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete