Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Good Samaritan

Part of the renewal that God gives us is a breath of fresh air from an individual. When you feel like you are all alone, how refreshing to have someone come along and pray for, encourage and uplift you.

When you "expand your borders" and allow someone to minister to you that previously you had not known or been associated with what a blessing it is. The lesson of the Good Samaritan in Luke 10 is an example of this. The man that fell among thieves, was wounded and left half dead. Two people that you would think would be the most likely to help him left him to die. Didn't want to get involved, didn't want to risk helping, didn't want to put their reputation on the line. But the Samaritan had compassion on him, bound his wounds, made provision for him. This blesses me even as I write it. Thank God for those who have done this for me. Thank God for the freedom of "expanding my borders" and fellowshipping with others that are willing to risk loving me.

This is just like Jesus, the Good Shepherd, who is willing to lay down his life for us. The One who is willing to climb over the ledges and mountains, aware of the dangers, but determined to help us. He has never failed me. He saved me when I was 15 and has been my refuge ever since. My life is not a bed of roses, but thank God for the breaths of fresh air from the Spirit of God and those good Samaritans who have helped bind my wounds.

1 comment:

  1. Mom, thanks for sharing your encouraging thoughts today. Maybe you should right a book some day. :o)

    ReplyDelete