Thursday, April 23, 2009

News Update

I have not been on here much. I have missed the camaraderie on Friday show and tell and reading everyone's blog. But I am enjoying being in Urbana, Ohio with family although under dire circumstances.

My mother had a massive stroke the Tuesday after Easter. My brother found her on the dining room floor when he returned from work. We have had some ups and a lot of downs since then. But I am so thankful I had talked to her on Saturday before Easter.

We immediately packed our bags and drove all night to get here. She is now in a beautiful care center with wonderful care. She has been wide awake all morning, watching everyone around her and taking several bites of "honey thick liquid."

My brother has power of attorney and we have decided no feeding tube from the beginning. She now has her IV off also and we are taking one day at a time. She is 88 and we had to sort through a few papers last night at the house. Just to let you know she has saved every card that her kids, grandkids, great grandkids, brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, friends, relatives and neighbors has ever sent her. Oh, and I can't forget the love letters from Dad who passed away several years ago. She would never admit she had them but we knew she did. My sister even confessed this week that she had read them one time. Confessions are good for the soul.

Please pray for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment