Thursday, June 11, 2009

It's Still the Blood

We were able to fellowship with others in the Word and Prayer together last night. The lesson was on Leviticus 17. The main verse of the chapter is verse 11. "For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul."

(I still love the sound of the King James version although I am not opposed to reading other reliable revised ones.)

It was brought out how important the blood of Jesus is. We use the cross as a symbol of the death of Christ, but it was and is the blood that brings the atonement. From other comments and scriptures last night and looking up some more this morning, my spirit is renewed within me. Romans 5:9 says it for me this morning. "...being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him."

It is His blood that cleanses our sin, gives us strength each day to live right. When we take it for granted, we begin to live carelessly. I want to serve Him with my whole heart. I am thankful for the breath of fresh air that comes from His Word and His Spirit this morning. As Psalm 23 says "May His goodness and mercy follow me all the days of my life" and all the day long.

1 comment: