Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Excitement Builds and God Encourages!

I am excited about being with family next week. We plan on having some of Mom's recipes though she will be greatly missed. Love you Mom! Do you know your grandaughters have been making home made noodles?

The devil has tried to steal my Joy this week but Jesus put up the defence. God knows how to raise a standard when the enemy comes in like a flood with accusations. He likes to appear as an angel of light but God's light is sooo much brighter, it overtakes.

You see, when I was younger, I went through a period of doubts till God taught me how to rise above them. That victory came back to mind today.

And besides that God gave me the BEST husband. He knew we could work hand in hand together. I am so THANKFUL for Rick. That makes me want to shout "Glory". God has always taken care of me and always will.

That reminds me of my favorite Psalm, 27. "The Lord is my Light and my Salvation, whom shall I fear. The Lord is the Strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid? When my enemies and my foes came upon me to eat my flesh, they stumbled and fell. Though a host should encamp against me I will not fear. Though war should rise up against me in this will I be confident. One thing I have desired, that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life to behold the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in His temple. For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavillion. In the secret of His tabernacle shall he hide me. ....."

I better go back and read that, my memory is failing me. I do know this, He takes care of me when others forsake me.

2 comments:

  1. Your post just about made me cry. Thinking of Grandma and her noodles.

    Glad you're encouraged today! Now I'm enouraged. :o) Love you Mom, you're the best!

    ReplyDelete