Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Cookie Baking and Tea Time with the Master


I recently was looking for some culinary lavender to use in a cookie recipe. I couldn't find any locally so opted for looking for a lavender tea and found one at our Ingles grocery store that I have fell for. The aroma is wonderful. It is Traditional Medicinals organic Chamomile with Lavender.

In my Lavender Shortbread Cookie recipe that I got off the net, it called for 2 tablespoons of the lavender. I opened up enough dry teabags to get what I needed for my first batch. Since that time I ordered some lavender for cooking/baking and hope it gets here soon. I think it will have more of the color I want to show through on the finished cookies.

I'm practicing some cookie baking for our ladies tea that the ladies in our Sunday School are preparing for in March. I'm excited and looking forward to time spent drinking tea, enjoying Christian fellowship, reaching out and inviting others and being encouraged by the speaker that has been chosen. We're labeling our gathering "Tea Time with the Master"  Anyone interested in coming may contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment