Tuesday, July 29, 2008

TGIF

No, it is not Friday, but we can still thank God. TODAY GOD IS FIRST.

This morning God encouraged me with II Corinthians 12:10 "I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong" Back to verse 9 "Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." This was the apostle Paul speaking.

Most of the time being thankful in our troubles does not come natural, even to the Christian. In another scripture Paul said he had to learn to be content. And when he was having a mountain top experience he was given a thorn in the flesh to buffet him. So even the apostle Paul had to feel weak, beat upon and dissatisfied with his circumstances. But he made an effort to be thankful and glory that God's power was going to be shown by getting Paul through his problems.

I don't think any of us are protected from having days where we feel like the devil is pressing us down on every side. No, I'm not talking about being dragged through sin. I'm talking about depression and not knowing which direction to take next. Not having the strength within ourselves to face the problems that surround us. But I have personally experienced over and over God coming in and lifting those black clouds and giving me renewed strength and vision. Sometimes He has solved the problem but more often He has given me strength to keep going through it.

TODAY GOD IS FIRST. HAVE A GOOD DAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment