Wednesday, September 3, 2008

P + P = P

This formula is Purpose + Passion = Potential. I am reading a book by Jerry King "Now get a Real Life" given to us by our friend and business mentor, Marv Jackson. On my break I am reading and sharing. Jerry says he tries to ask himself daily "How BIG is my God? We think that even though God created the entire universe he's not quite big enough to help us get into college, obtain our dream job, write a book or play, record a CD, begin a grass roots movement or ministry, or even big enouch to supply enough money to pay our monthly bills." We think He is not quite big enough to solve our problems. I am thankful that God is teaching me that He can help us through long years of trials and that just because something takes a long time doesn't mean we should give up. Jerry says we need to stop putting God in a jar. AMEN! We need to take the lid off and let him work. If we let God use His passion and potential in us, WOW.

1 comment:

  1. "...we need to stop putting God in a jar. AMEN! We need to take the lid off and let him work. If we let God use His passion and potential in us, WOW." -thanks for sharing that Mom. I need to learn not to "give up" on things, such as praying for certain situations. I shouldn't keep God in a bottle. Let the lids fly! :o)

    ReplyDelete