Thursday, September 18, 2008

Scrawny Bushes

My rose bushes have not been the greatest this year. I think it was due to the dry weather. They have still pleasured me with many blooms. Also, I haven't taken the time to cultivate them very much. Last night I did some trimming and hoeing, gettting them ready for winter. I did a real major trimming on my white one. It always gives me 100's of blooms in early summmer but doesn't have a second blooming. My other bushes ususally bloom several times throughout the season. I just read a devotion that says: "I don't know what issue you might be struggling with today, but I know you are not alone. The Holy Spirit is a Master Gardener who delights in working with scrawny, out-of-control bushes if they will yield to his gentle pruning." Lord help me today to be shaped up and pruned by You.

No comments:

Post a Comment