Monday, January 28, 2013

Half Empty or Half Full?

Most of the time when we hear the phrase half empty or half full, it is in regards to how we are to look at life in a positive manner. It goes right along with being thankful to God for what we have and being content.

The other day it came to me in a new way. For a long time I was taught to look at other Christians as half empty and unexceptable to God. God has, is and will be, teaching me to look at other Christians as half full. If I am to see my own life that way, shouldn't I look at others that way?

No, I don't believe in people or myself claiming religion or belief in God yet living a life without any "fruit" or choosing to live any sloppy way we want and expecting God to just forgive our lousy choices.

Yet for too long I didn't try people's spirits as the Bible tells us to, I just looked at outward appearance and where they went to church and judged them guilty. Thankfully, I haven't been too old for God to teach an old dog new tricks :)

And I have realized that some people are really strong in areas I'm weak. Each one of us has things we've conquered and things we are still working on and things we haven't even started on yet. And we're all working on our individual weak areas and hopefully admiring others strong areas and getting tips from their life on how we can do better.

I love God and the good things He is doing in my life and have faith in Him working behind the scenes on what I'm praying for.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to remind myself to start looking at people as half full, I like that, I want it to serve as a reminder to me to extend grace. Thank you for this inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it inspired you! Currently doing a Wonderstruck Bible study in Sunday School. It is teaching us to look for God Wonders every day and how to manage our life so that we spend time seeing Him and His wonders.
      I would love to see a picture of your farm. I am originally from Ohio and love the big farms there. Thanks for viewing my blog.

      Delete