Sunday, January 27, 2013

Who Receives God's Message?

Still reading in Luke. This morning beginning of chapter 3.

Luke lists who is ruling in Rome at this time, Caesar....Pilot was the governor...Herod and his brother Philip were tetrarchs (rulers of a portion of the country). This was the government officials.

In the religious realm....high priests were Annas and Caiaphas

Luke didn't say anything about God speaking to any of these government or religious rulers.

The fact is we have to "Know God" and be in touch with Him and listening to Him before He is going to make an effort to talk to us. But I'm getting ahead of myself or ahead of the scripture. :)

Luke then says, after listing the government and religious rulers,........"the word of God came unto John in the wilderness."

Are you or I in a wilderness time of our life? God speaks to us there. Praise God!

2 comments:

  1. I have Him. Even better He has me. That is enough. Thank you for sharing. You do not know how much I need this right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Becky:
    Glad it is a help. It excites me when God gives me something and it helps somebody else too!

    ReplyDelete