Saturday, June 7, 2008

A Southern Breath of Fresh Air

Well, thank God for another breath of fresh air. I have been real pressed today, but still pressing on. I have been working my new business today with Rick, my husband, this morning and then some on my own. I also went to Hickory just to window shop and have some me time. It has been a long time since I did that with gas being so high but I just thought I was worth it today. Lunch was packed in a cooler (my healthy enzyme shake) and a couple drinks. A big splurge on an early supper was enjoyed from Subway. Another big splurge on an almost 100 degree day, a raspberry iced tea from Sonic and 3 cheesecake bites. Without air conditioning in the van the cloudiness that cooled down the air on the way home was a welcome breeze.
I was listening to Ponder, Sykes and Wright on the way home: "He whispers sweet peace to me" God is such a faithful friend. When all else fails He is still available. And the teardrops fell.
Then after all my frustrations of the day, the sweetest southern lady called me this evening and asked for a placement. She was so apologetic at not being able to get back with me sooner. Not only was she sweet but she had a old fashioned southern drawl. What a breath of fresh air from an unexpected source.
She reminded me of Brother and Sister Peters, the elderly pastor and his wife from the church of my teenage years. A 15 year old girl learned enough from them to go to an altar and say "I want to be saved". Both with white hair, he a retired Anderson Church of God minister, they spent many evenings with my sister and I in their home talking about the Lord and having prayer. Unfortunately I lost touch with them a few years later and it has been many years since I've seen 15 so I am sure they are in heaven. I hope they can look down and see me being appreciative of their labor. "Thank you for giving to the Lord, I am a soul that was saved, thank you for giving to the Lord, I am so glad you gave".

No comments:

Post a Comment