"Bless the Lord oh my soul and forget not all His benefits" Surely every good and perfect comes from the Father above.
My favorite memories of Thanksgiving are all the family together at my parents home. We never took vacations but Mom always made holidays special. She cooked the best turkey, roasted slow all night and juicy. I usually got to slice it and do the pre tasting on it. She rolled out homemade noodles and cooked them in the turkey broth which is something southerners in my area have missed out on. Dishes I remember:
1. My brother Ronnie and his wife Barb would bake pies.
2. My sister Jana made cut out, decorated sugar cookies.
3. My sister Sandy made broccoli casserole and pecan tarts.
4. My sister in law Mary made mixed vegetable casserole
5. Some of moms dishes over the years: mandarin fruit salad, lime jello/cottage cheese salad, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes with marshmallows browned on top, oyster dressing.
Mom is in her late 80's now and Dad passed away several years ago. I thank her for all the things she did for us.
For other thanksgiving posts go to No Place Like Home @
I would also like to link here: http://confessionsofasnowflake.blogspot.com/