Friday, October 31, 2008

Trunk or Treat

Today was a fun day. I took the day off from work and Rick and I spent it getting together our trunk display for the trunk or treat for the kids at church. Even though I don't celebrate Halloween I always tried to do something special for my kids when they were little. Sometimes we had a party at home and sometimes they dressed in non scary outfits and got candy in their Grandma's neighborhood. So today was fun. We centered our trunk around the woman at the well. We took our shed trash can (cardboard barrel) and covered it with paper that I had drawn rocks on to make it look like a well. Rick printed "Jesus is the living water" stickers to put on some bottled water which we placed in the "well". I pulled a story on the woman at the well and Rick made it into a booklet with a picture of Jesus and the woman at the well. We also had candy in a can to look like a water pot. We made a bright sign to hang that said "Living Water". We then covered the back of the seat and floor with leafy sheets, put a big rock in with some fall decorations, hung Biblical desert scenes from the church prop room and hung some white lights. I dressed in a prop robe to be the woman. I didn't know they had prizes, but we won first prize. Pastor James set up games for the kids to play. Thank you Lord for a relaxing day. "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine."

No comments:

Post a Comment