Thursday, January 7, 2010

New Blog Friend

Today I have met a new blog friend who left me a kind comment. I have added a link to her blog on the side: Joyful Chaos

She is a great writer about her life growing up Amish. She also has posts that answer questions about the Amish. There are stories to come of salvation and the separation from the Amish church. I will be checking out her posts from time to time and have left her several comments.

I find her comments most interesting as we too have left a group that was very strict and got sidetracked by so much preaching on rules and obeying the pastor. As I told my new blog friend, God has lead us very slowly so as not to "throw the baby out with the bathwater". But being away from the group has allowed God to lead us and work out our own salvation. It is amazing that the very truth that we believe about salvation being a personal relationship with God and how He has power and grace for us individually, can be buried by manrule causing us to feel we can't survive without that structure. Oh Thank God for His goodness to me. He has done so much. It has cost us dearly but I wouldn't trade, I wouldn't trade.

1 comment:

  1. Hello. I just wanted to let you know that you have a very peaceful blog, and I enjoy reading your thoughts.
    Tonya R.

    ReplyDelete