Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Your Way or God's Way?

Song on my mind this morning: Chorus of Yield Not To Temptation: Ask the Saviour to help you, strengthen, comfort and aid you, He is willing to help you, He will carry your through.

Also, it is amazing that people who profess to be Christians when it comes down to the wire, when the pressure is on to stand up for what is right they would rather have lukewarm, watered down experiences and say “let me alone, I don’t want to change, we’re alright the way we are, leave us alone.”

You know the song Frank Sinatra used to sing? Just for the record I don’t like it. It says “The record shows I took the blows and did it my way.” All throughout the song it states “I did it my way.” Sounds proud, arrogant and unGodly doesn't it?

The scriptures below came to my mind also this morning and I looked them up.

The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests bear rule by their means; and my people love to have it so: and what will ye do in the end thereof?
Jer 5:31 (KJV)

What will you do?

The unclean demonics listed in Mark and Luke said “Let us alone” I wrote this in my personal journal this week, Jesus said that things would wax worse and worse. And the unclean spirits have stayed around in this world lurking in corners like a mold growing and growing. And they don’t just lurk they come out boldly. They’re here around us today and we must constantly stay “Under His (Gods’) Wings.”

Here in God's word He lets us know how Jesus dealt with unclean spirits:

Mk 1:24 This man was in the synagogue and Jesus spied the unclean spirit. And the unclean spirit said:
"Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art, the Holy One of God."

The same account is in Lk 4:34 only it called it an unclean devil.
34 Saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art; the Holy One of God.

Jesus cast the unclean spirit out. He came to deliver us from our sins, not to comfort us while we enjoy wallowing in them.

If you like to study Revelation or want to know how seriously God deals with unclean spirits and wrong attitudes read about the 7 churches in Rev 2 -- Rev 3. Analyze and see how God saw them. He still removes His candlestick from people and places that love to have it "their" way.

No comments:

Post a Comment